Thursday, April 2, 2009
Turmoil in Motown
It seems as though Allen Iverson is frustrated about his play. Iverson recently came back from a lower back injury were he missed 16 games. During this period guard Richard Hamilton, who was delegated to the bench after Iverson joined the squad, seemed to flourish as well as the rest of the Pistons. Playing both Hamilton and Iverson starting the game together simply did not work and head coach Michael Curry was left with no choice but to choose one. After displeasure from both players, Curry chose to start Iverson. Detroit never really showed signs of improvement during Iverson's stint in the starting line up, before his injury. Since Iverson's return Detroit is 1-3. He's averaged 18.7 minutes, 7.7 points, and 2.7 assists.
"I'm in a position now that I've never been in my whole life," Iverson said. "It's harder than I thought it would be. With the back injury, I have to sit out at the start, then go in, then sit again. It's tough to really get going. I take my hat off to the guys who can come off the bench and be effective. It's tough for me. I'm struggling with it. I'd rather retire before I do this again," Iverson said. "I can't be effective playing this way. I'm not used to it. It's tough for me both mentally and physically. If I'm able to go out there, I should be able to get it done and I can't right now. It's my fault. I have to be able to overcome the adversity and do what I have to do. I just have to find a way to get it done. Not being 100 percent makes it harder and you can see that I'm not 100 percent."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment