Thursday, April 16, 2009

KG out for Playoffs?



Concern for the Boston Celtics organization and their fans has risen today with the news of the worry for Kevin Garnett by his coach Doc Rivers. Garnett injured himself on Feb. 19 and missed the following 13 games. He played sparingly during the next four games, until the team decided to rest Garnett for the duration of the season to rest him and hope he heal in time for the playoffs. Not that the playoffs are nearly upon us, Rivers is unsure Garnett is ready to participate. "It's not official that he's out for the entire playoffs, but it's official as far as I'm concerned," Rivers said before practice at the team's workout facility. "I just don't see how. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it." Rivers watched Garnett run up and down the court at the facility for about 20 minutes before he decided to shut him down because the knee seemed to be locking up on Garnett. Rivers said he knew he made the right decision when Garnett did not show much objection. "He's done everything he could do to get back on the floor," Rivers said. "You could tell he was trying to mask that there was pain." Will KG miss the playoffs? Or will he miraculously return with avengeance like Paul Pierce returned from his wheelchair last season in the Finals? The Celtics will open up the playoffs Saturday in Boston at 12:30 p.m. ET against Chicago on ESPN.

No comments:

Post a Comment