Thursday, February 19, 2009
Proper Penalty?
Should Zach Randolph have been fined more than 2 games? Randolph claimed it wasn't a punch. It obviously was, the intent however wasn't to do enough damage to cause much harm. I'm confident in this after remembering how he broke Rueben Patterson's eye socket, his own teammate at the time, during a altercation in practice during their days in Portland. Whenever I see an altercation in the league where fists are thrown I think back to Carmelo Anthony's MSG brawl and how heavily and unjustly he was suspended. It seems as though the more the altercation escalates the higher the penalty laid from David Stern. Had Amundson retaliated would Randolph get 5 games? To Randolph's defense, he admitted to not reacting properly. Head Coach Mike Dunleavy said, "He said to me on the phone today, 'Coach, man, I'm sorry. I had a lot of stuff going through my head. I got frustrated with all the pulling and tugging and holding, and I just reacted. It was dumb." Randolph had got word from his sister prior to the game that his father was in intensive care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
His daddy being in intensive care has nothing to do with him punching someone in the face during a live game. That was real trashy of him especially considering he had already knocked the guy down. He should have been suspended more than 2 games and had his little outburst caused a brawl I'm sure he would have been.
ReplyDelete