Tuesday, February 10, 2009
T-Mac done?
I've been reluctant to pull the trigger on this comment of McGrady. However it is more evident than ever that McGrady's injuries are too severe and repetitious for him to perform at the level we are used to seeing him at. When I saw the highlight of this dunk on Tyrus Thomas I know McGrady fans were excited to see that flash from the past. At first glance it didn't look as impressive from the standpoint of his explosiveness. Granted it was with the left hand, just not what we are used to seeing from him. He starred Thomas down as if he were a rookie in Toronto again and it was his 1st poster in the League. He acted as if he had to add to the theatrics of the play, like the dunk wasn't enough. Like if he stares at him it will make the play look better. Then Monday night on the break in Milwaukee... his teammates may have found humor in it, but I see it as a culmination of McGrady's game. McGrady doesn't do the things we see from other superstars in the League anymore. He no longer separates himself. He doesn't exert himself on defense, he doesn't get tough rebounds in traffic, and he is not shooting the ball to superstar standards statistically or even visually for that matter. He settles for contested jump shots as opposed to getting to the basket much more frequently. I understand the he is playing through injury, nonetheless McGrady is a shell of himself at this moment in time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree!
ReplyDelete